The National PTA Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a program designed to inspire and celebrate your kid’s creativity. To participate, students create a piece of art in any of 6 different categories that reflects this year’s theme, “I Matter Because…”. Every student who enters receives a certificate celebrating their work! Each artwork is evaluated on interpretation of the theme, creativity and artistic merit. Reflections is not just for “artsy” kids- it’s for EVERY kid!
And this is a great year for kids to think about why they matter! Click here for a video about Reflections at CCES this year!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Reflect on the theme “I Matter Because….” and create an original work in one (or more!) of the following categories (click on the hyperlinks for more information about each):
- Fill out an Entry Form, and be sure to include your Artist’s Statement, which is how your artwork connects to the theme (50% of your score from the judges).
- Turn in your artwork and entry form to the box in front of Clemens Crossing by November 24, 2020! OR, if your submission is electronic, please email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artwork will be judged in 3 categories:
- Primary (Grades K-2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Special Artist (for students with challenges as covered in the ADA)
Entries will be reviewed by experienced arts and education judges. All participants will be celebrated with certificates of participation, the top three entries will receive ribbons and the first place entry will receive a medal. The top three entries in each category will move on to the Howard County Reflections Contest; the top three County entries will move on to the Maryland State Reflections Contest, and State winners in each category will compete in the National PTA Reflections Contest.
EVERY artwork will be celebrated!
Contact Risa Carlson, Reflections Chair