The PTA is an integral part of the CCES community and works with the administration and staff to offer many activities and programs to CCES families. Many wonderful volunteers make PTA sponsored activities possible, and we welcome anyone who can bring fresh ideas, energy, and support to any of the PTA’s efforts.
The PTA consists of officers, administrative representatives, standing committee chairpersons, and special committee chairpersons. The officers are nominated and elected each year in May and are available year-round to address issues.
The PTA meets monthly from September through May to conduct the business of the PTA and exchange important information. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM. In addition to monthly meetings, the PTA normally holds four general meetings each year. At these general meetings, the PTA reports key information to the general membership and presents issues on which the general membership may vote. For example, the general membership votes on the budget at the September general meeting and votes on the officer nominations at the May general meeting.
Our mission and purpose
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.