Reflections is an annual National PTA program to encourage all children to participate in the arts for fun and recognition. Students work independently to present their artistic interpretation of the year’s theme. Works can be literature, including prose, poetry, drama, reflective essay, narrative, short story; visual arts, such as drawing, painting, collage; or musical composition.
Artwork is judged in three categories:
- Primary (Grades K-2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Special Artist (for students with challenges as covered in the ADA)
Entries are reviewed by experienced arts and education judges. The top three entries in each category move on to the Howard County Reflections Contest; the top three County entries move on to the Maryland State Reflections Contest, and State winners in each category compete in the National PTA Reflections Contest. EVERY entry is displayed and celebrated at the Student Showcase in May!
2019-2020 Reflections information
This year’s theme is “Look Within”. Submissions closed on November 18 and results were announced in January (check the Jan 24 edition of Cougar Comments). All entries will be displayed at the Schoolwide Showcase on Thursday, May 28.
- Informational document: 2019-2020 Reflections Information
- Entry form: 2019-2020 Student Entry Form Maryland.pdf
- Official rules/guidelines: PTA Reflections General Guidelines and Official Rules